[Texmacs-dev] Over zealous translations

From: Igor Khavkine
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Over zealous translations
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:13:52 -0400

I've tried using TeXmacs with a non-english interface
language. I can understand Russian and French, so
I tried these two.

I've noticed strange translations in both languages.
When TeXmacs makes an automatic backup of the open
document, it announces so on the status bar.
It says "saved /home/user/file~". Now, it is
natural that the word "saved" is translated into
other languages, and it is. However, the word
"home" is also translated. This is wrong, however.
The same thing happens in other places, for
example the name of the "Axiom" CAS gets translated
in the Sessions menu.

There should be some way to tag strings that should
not be translated when the interface is in a non-english
language.

Igor