[Texmacs-dev] Bigloo?

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Bigloo?
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 00:10:07 +0200 (CEST)

I just took a look at the website for Bigloo and this might be
quite an interesting choice.

1) The compiled code is fast.
2) The system is well-documented.
3) It seems to support a run-time system (some interpreter is
   started when compiling the program and typing bigloo;
   I guess (hope) that it is efficient and well-integrated
   with the rest; to check).
4) It seems compatible with many other languages,
   so it should be easy to use it as an extension language.
   Moreover, it seems to implement some kind of Java which might be
   interesting if we want to push the browser-side of TeXmacs further.
5) Most SFRIs are there.
Etc.

The only drawback which I found is that the use of continuations
is discouraged. But we do not use them now anyway...