[Texmacs-dev] Valgrinding texmacs

From: David Allouche
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Valgrinding texmacs
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:33:09 +0200

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 11:27:34PM +0200, David MENTRE wrote:
> Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > You are right; I just compiled Valgrind, but I don't understand how
> > to find the memory leaks. Maybe there aren't any, but then how to
> > explain the strange bug I noticed yesterday...
>
> Do not forget to use option --leak-check=yes. And execute valgrind over
> texmacs.bin and not the shell script texmacs (I have myself modified
> texmacs to launch texmacs.bin under valgrind). The GC of Guile is
> producing a lot of error. We'll need to suppress them (I won't do it
> tonight).

Here are the script and suppression list I use "back then" when we were
hunting double free bugs, before we figured out that the pointer
counting system of texmacs was so weird that g++-3 could not handle it
correctly and produced (and still produce) buggy code when inlining is
enabled.

That is probably way too updated to be useful know, but it might help.

--
                                                            -- ddaa