Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reliable detection of pointers (C++)

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Reliable detection of pointers (C++)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 10:27:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 25 May 2004, David MENTRE wrote:
> Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:
> > OK, if you don't think the program to be useful, then why ask us
> > questions all the time?
>
> ... I think Salman finds the program useful. He justs want to use it and
> he is probably afraid of us discussing not so important issues like
> garbage collection and relative schemes performances.

Yes, but my point is that different people try to use this list in order
to exhibit their personal frustrations. That is *not* the purpose of
this list, so I reiterate my request to be polite in the first place.

Also, I will no longer reply to such messages. So: if you want to discuss
with me and take into account your considerations in a positive way,
then first be polite, and then I will try to reply as well as possible.

> Maybe, to facilitate the project, it would be useful to define a
> prioritized todo list, from short term to more longer term things.

I sometimes do that when I have time, but I cannot completely planify
these things. Maintaining a roadmap has turned out to be quite
hopeless for me; I cannot even do it for myself. Maintaining
a todo list could be done, but assigning priorities is a hard task.

In any case, if you, as a volunteer, propose a roadmap for changes you
want to make, then I am willing to discuss how that can be fit into
the general picture. If you want to maintain the page

        http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/about/plans.en.html

then you are welcome too.