Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Logo TeXmacs

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Logo TeXmacs
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:06:57 +0200

Hello Felix,

"Felix Breuer" <address@hidden> writes:

>   http://tm.fbreuer.de/tmlogos.html
>
> Please tell me what you think!

The latest one is nice. With which software have you made it?  Inkscape?

However I'm not sure about your <TeX|macs> idea. On one side, I like the
idea of some TeXmacs specific coding. On the other side, I have
perceived a bad feeling of foreigners for the combination of TeX and
Emacs. People perceive the crossing of TeX and Emacs as the worth of
both worlds: an obscure typesetting language and an Editor for experts,
while TeXmacs is exactly the opposite (or nearly ;). Don't you fear that
the <TeX|macs> coding would appear as a computer scientist only
software?

In this regard, I prefer Johann logos: close link to typography and
geek-neutral.

My .02 euro cents,
Yours,
david