Re: [Texmacs-dev] how to add aditional language?

From: Marius
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] how to add aditional language?
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 00:09:30 +0300

On Friday 03 September 2004 23:18, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > > Yes, that is it, preferably using the Cork encoding
> > > (using Andrey Grozin's dictool or directly as a verbatim file in
> > > TeXmacs).
> >
> > Is there an easy way to find match from english-new.scm file to gui?
>
> No, not yet. One day, when I have time, I plan to cut the file
> into several pieces, depending what they are being used for.

Better append line number of translation in file to the gui running in
translators mode. This will save a lot of time and the translations will be
better quality! I can do it myself, but see question below.

> Notice that Andrey Grozin's dictool maybe useful: it allows you
> to read existing .po files, convert them, and extract those
> translations of english-new which already exist in the .po file.
> So if you find a sufficienly rich .po file, it might take care
> of 25% or so of the translations.

It does not work for me.

How to look at result? With .po files I generate .mo files and put to some
directory. With .scm if I translate some lines and replace file
"TeXmacs/langs/natural/dic/english-italian.scm" with translated and
Document->Language->Italian does not work--- nothing happens.