Re: [Texmacs-dev] how to add aditional language?

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] how to add aditional language?
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:19:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004, Marius wrote:
> On Friday 03 September 2004 23:18, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> Better append line number of translation in file to the gui running in
> translators mode. This will save a lot of time and the translations will be
> better quality! I can do it myself, but see question below.

In fact, the whole translation system has to be reorganized,
but I have not had time for that until now...

> > Notice that Andrey Grozin's dictool maybe useful: it allows you
> > to read existing .po files, convert them, and extract those
> > translations of english-new which already exist in the .po file.
> > So if you find a sufficienly rich .po file, it might take care
> > of 25% or so of the translations.
>
> It does not work for me.
>
> How to look at result? With .po files I generate .mo files and put to some
> directory. With .scm if I translate some lines and replace file
> "TeXmacs/langs/natural/dic/english-italian.scm" with translated and
> Document->Language->Italian does not work--- nothing happens.

You have to load the scheme files *as* verbatim files in order to
edit them in TeXmacs. TeXmacs cannot import .po files; you have to
use Andrey's dictool for that.

In order to restrict a dictionnary A (a po file) to words which are also
defined in B (english-new), you should perform two diffs with Andrey's tool:
first between A and B -> C and next between A and C.

Andrey: it would be nice to add an option to downcase the first
letters of all words; this would make po files more useable.

Best wishes, Joris