[Texmacs-dev] TrueType fonts for PDF export as default?

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TrueType fonts for PDF export as default?
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:49:18 +0200

Hi there,

after fighting with the PDF for several hours, I finally found the note now,
that setting File->Page Setup->Font Type->True Type is necessary to produce
reasonable quality of PDF files.

My suggestion would be to spare other users of this odyssee and make True Type
fonts the default for PDF export? Printing and exporting to PS should
probably stick with the high-quality EC fonts, but PDF are very often used
for display on screen, so they should - by default - be optimized for that
purpose.

Ciao,
Norbert

--
        Altdorfer Str. 9a ... D-93049 Regensburg