[Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs interface to R 2.0.0 is broken

From: M. Edward Borasky
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs interface to R 2.0.0 is broken
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:56:48 -0800

There's actually a bug filed on this.

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=10739

There wasn't much information from the original bug reporter. Here's
what I know:

When the R team moved to R 2.0.0, they made some rather extensive
changes to the way R libraries and packages work. As a consquence,
packages that worked with older versions of R need to be rebuilt to work
with R 2.0.0. The details can be found in the R documentation at

http://cran.us.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html

and

http://cran.us.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html

I don't know enough about TeXmacs and how it accesses R to fix this
myself, although I do plan to dig into the source and see if I can find
a workaround. I try to stay "bleeding edge" on Atlas (linear algebra
library), R, TeXmacs and Maxima, so getting a solution to this is of
interest to me.

Ed Borasky
address@hidden