[Texmacs-dev] \left( and \right) conversions from LaTeX

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] \left( and \right) conversions from LaTeX
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 02:48:11 -0500

Joris,

I have found that if I edit the document tree and replace
<with|mathdisplay|true| ... > by <with|mode|math| ... >
then the parenthesis are displayed properly. The only way
I found this was by manually entering a formula that uses
such parenthese and then locating it in the document tree.
All I did was change the result of the LaTeX conversion to
the same thing and it works. (but this editing is tedious).

This suggests to me that the LaTeX conversion to TeXmacs
form must be wrong.

I don't understand the difference between

<with|mathdisplay|true| ... > and <with|mode|math| ... >

could you explain?

Regards,
Bill Page.