[Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs compilation problems

From: Ralf Treinen
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacs compilation problems
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:43:57 +0100

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 10:47:09AM +0100, Alvaro Tejero Cantero wrote:

> This is incredible. Since I have no root rights in my system, I can
> assure that 1.0.4.4 compiled ___without___ guile-1.6-dev!

Maybe you had a copy in of the guile library in your home directory
at that time.

> BTW, I sent to address@hidden the following report of execution
> problem when compiling 1.0.4.4 on a Debian woody system. Perhaps you
> have a clue about what's going on?

> mktextfm: /var/spool/texmf/tfm/jknappen/ec/ecsi9.tfm already exists.
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /var/spool/texmf/ls-R unwritable.
> /var/spool/texmf/tfm/jknappen/ec/ecsi9.tfm
> TeXmacs] Try tfm ecsi10.tfm
> Segmentation fault

Did you start just "texmacs" or did you start it with a filename argument?
There used to be bug which consisted in texmacs trying to display a
popup saying "Please wait", and crashing when the main X window of
texmacs did not exist yet. This happened when the document to be loaded
at startup contained fonts that needed to be generated. But maybe this
bug has been resolved now.

Otherwise, can you do an "strace texmacs" and send the last lines
(not everything, please :-)

-Ralf.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Spécification et Vérification