[Texmacs-dev] conditional creation of titles

From: Corey Sweeney
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] conditional creation of titles
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:04:59 -0600

i have a document that was a article.  I'm not making it a chapter in
a book, but I still want to be able to print it as a article, Thus i
make 3 files.  the first file has the text of the article.  the second
is the book that has a include to the article.  the third file is a
article shell set to style article, with a  title and a include of the
text.  of course the text is uneditable in either the  2 printable
files.

So I realized I could do it in 2 files.  one file could be the article
text with a title at the top that was defined to do

(if (equal? doc-style "article") (title "Variations on the lambda calculus"))

and put (value doc-style "article") in article2.ts for the article,
and put (value doc-style "book") in book2.ts for the book.

Of course i tried  to put it in the texmacs language, and i keep
getting "(error bad if)".  I'm sure there's a way to fix that, but i
came up with a better idea.  Does anyone know how i'd do this with a
extern?  I figure once I learn the extern interfacing to texmacs, then
i'll be able to fix these things immedately in the future.

remember, building a process out of known primatives is easy, but
trying to find a concept in a 200 page reference material is a
intractable problem. ;)

Corey