[Texmacs-dev] Reorganization of Scheme code

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Reorganization of Scheme code
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 19:53:11 +0200

Hi all,

I started reorganizing the Scheme code since a few days. Most things
should remain upward compatible. However, I drastically changed
the directory layout, so you may have to do some renaming of
imported modules in your scheme code. The necessary renamings have
been made in all existing plug-ins which are known to me (i.e. those
plug-ins which are in the plugins directory of our cvs).

I hope that this will be the final reorganization of the scheme code,
at least of the most fundamental part. The main novelty is
contextual overloading and I hope to improve the lazy-loading,
the preference system, and interaction with TeXmacs. At the end,
I intend to document the basics of writing Scheme extensions,
and release a clean API for tree manipulations.

Best wishes, Joris