[Texmacs-dev] CR/LF endings with Windows sessions under Cygwin TeXmacs

From: Andreas Seidl
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] CR/LF endings with Windows sessions under Cygwin TeXmacs
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 19:00:22 +0200 (CEST)

I run a PSL-REDUCE for Windows session under Cygwin TeXmacs. (This works since recently, as a very old bug in Winows PSL Lisp was fixed by Winfried Neun.) Unfortunately, at line endings a comma occurs. See http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~seidl/public/bin/test.pdf .

My suspicion was that the reason for this is that there are CR/LF line endings comming from the Windows application, while TeXmacs expects LF only. Indeed, by writing a little C program (see below) that swallows the CR the problem vanishes.

I want to raise the question, if caring for line endings can be incorporated into the TeXmacs code for session handling somewhere.

As for Mac, no action is required, as meanwhile it uses Unix line endings as well, I was told.

Best Regards,
Andreas

----- filter.c -----
#include <stdio.h>