Re: [Texmacs-dev] <Del> vs. <Cut>

From: bump
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] <Del> vs. <Cut>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 07:47:56 -0700

> I know that problem, but I believe, it has another reason: The standard
> behavior is that marked text is only marked until you move the cursor.
> As soon as you move around, the marking is immediately cleared.

This isn't true, whether you move the cursor with the mouse
or with control sequences such as Ctrl-N, the marked text
remains marked. It becomes unmarked if you enter text or
if you save the marked text with Ctrl-W.

> This means, that it is usually not even possible to have some text
> marked and have the cursor placed somewhere else. Even more: If there is
> text marked, you usually do not even see the cursor, but just the marked
> text.

This is also false. I am looking at a page where there is marked text,
and the cursor is also visible, and in a different location.

Daniel Bump