[Texmacs-dev] editing/browsing two column text

From: Amir Michail
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] editing/browsing two column text
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:47:03 +1100

Hi,

Editing/browsing two column text on a wide screen where you can see
only a part of the page is a problem -- you need to scroll up/down for
the text to flow from one column to the next.

Perhaps it might be reasonable to have columns move around to make it
easier to edit/browse them.  This does not affect typesetting; it only
affects how you view the document.

For example, if I am editing/browsing the lower part of the left
column on page x, then the right column on page x is moved down so
that I can see also what it is at the top of that right column.

As another example, if I am editing/browsing the upper part of the
left column on page x, then the right column on page x-1 is shown.
Moreover, that right column is moved up so that I can see what is at
the bottom of that column.

Amir