[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patch: Guile-1.8.1 problem solved!

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Patch: Guile-1.8.1 problem solved!
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 17:46:17 +0100
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.9i

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 01:05:54PM +0100, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> I solved the problem with linking to the latest versions of guile:
> The symbol scm_to_int is newly introduced in guile and collides with the
> same symbol defined in texmacs/src/Guile/Glue/glue.hpp and .cpp
> Unfortunately, this collision caused very strange linking problems which
> explains why it took so long to solve.
> Attached is a patch against the CVS version of TeXmacs that solves the
> problem.
> With this patch applied, the CVS version of TeXmacs starts up without
> the former crashes, but causes a bunch of other errors that I did not
> want to get into.

OK, I managed to solve all remaining problems.

Unfortunately, Guile 1.8.0 introduced another atrocity:
a change in the way Scheme expressions are parsed.
>From now on, keyword expressions of the kind :1, :2, :3, etc.,
as used in pattern matching, are no longer recognized.
In the new CVS version, they have been changed into :%1, :%2, :%3, etc.
A bit uglier and somewhat slower, but well, ..., it works...

Developers who use pattern matching may have to update their code likewise.

Best wishes, Joris

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]