Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs orphaned in Debian/Ubuntu

From: Corey Sweeney
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs orphaned in Debian/Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 15:15:11 -0600

I did a little search and found the following list for "major
distributions" which looked somewhat unbiased:

Ubuntu
Mandriva Linux
SUSE LINUX
Fedora Core
Debian GNU/Linux
Knoppix
MEPIS Linux
Gentoo Linux

now knoppix is a derivitave of debian, so getting into debian testing
gets you into knoppix.
ubuntu is also a derivitave of debian, but they seem to be forking, so
may need to be addressed seperately.

I'd probably add red hat to the list too.  (even though i've never used it)

One possibility would be to focus the "campaigning" to cover these
distributions, plus a "support whatever distribution you personally
use" campaign. :)

Corey

On 1/21/07, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 12:01:07PM +0600, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> >>I think it would be good to add this information to www.texmacs.org, so
> >>that Gentoo users could use this overlay.
> >
> >Yes, it should; do you volunteer for maintaining the web-pages with
> >links to all major distributions (with version/status/maintainer info) ;^?
>
> Yes, why not?

OK, cool; I think that you already do have write access to the CVS?

> The only question is what's a *major* distribution? It would
> be too tiresome to trace many hundreds of distributions known to
> distrowatch :-)

Good question. Anyway, most distributions don't support TeXmacs, I think.
Maybe, a good definition of a major distribution would be a distribution
that at least one person on this list has already tried ;^)

Best wishes, Joris