[Texmacs-dev] Math codes

From: Todd Wilson
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Math codes
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:51:46 -0400

Dear developers:

I sent the message quoted below to texmacs-users without any response.
However, instead of just resending it here, I want to ask a different
question.  I've skimmed through the source code and have found it quite
well-organized and readable, and I might have some time coming up that I
could use to contribute to the development myself.  Can someone outline
what I would have to do to *add* math codes to TeXmacs (which I assume
it doesn't already have)?  I found the file

    /usr/share/TeXmacs/langs/mathematical/syntax/texmath.syx

which already seems to have most of what I would need in place;  I'd
just need to introduce something that could change the Type (or Class?)
of a symbol so that it would be rendered appropriately.  I'm guessing
something like

    <as-class|(class)|(character)>  or  <as-type|(type)|(character)>

Any ideas?

Todd Wilson

Is there in TeXmacs an equivalent of TeX's \mathord, \mathbin,
\mathrel, etc.?  There are times when TeXmacs's default spacing in
formulas is not correct.  For example, when using ":" as a binary
relation, as in typing judgments, I'd like to use it as a \mathord in
declarations on the left of the turnstile and in quantifiers and
lambda abstractions, and use it as a \mathrel on the right of the
turnstile.