[Texmacs-dev] Re: Error window

From: Joris . VanDerHoeven
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Error window
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:35:00 +0200

Hi Sumeer,

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 03:20:21PM +0300, address@hidden wrote:
> I am really sorry for disturbing you again. I was having some problems
> displaying errors on the texmacs screen so I decided that I should
> make pop-up error windows that will have the error messages as text.
> Could you please tell me the necessary procedures or functions that
> control these small windows. I can use a function call to pop-up with
> the necessary error message from a verifier(eg PVS). These error
> messages can be more than a line long so I think it won't be a good
> idea displaying them on the texmacs foot-bar. please suggest a way...

I just commited some stuff which makes this easier;
see my message on texmacs-dev.

In your case, you would typically open a new "auxiliary buffer" using

        (open-buffer-in-window "* Errors *" '(document (style "generic")) "")

You next write a function for determining the tree corresponding to
this error buffer:

        (define (errors-tree) (buffer->tree "* Errors *"))

You may now directly modify this tree:

        (tree-set (errors-tree) '(document (section "List of errors") "None"))

Best wishes, Joris

P.S.: some of the details on buffer/window handling may still change in the
future,
even though I will try as much as possible to preserve backwards compatability.
In particular, I am not completely happy yet with the way to deal with auxiliary
buffers (which do not correspond to a file on disk), attaching styles to
buffers, etc.