[Texmacs-dev] Ongoing translation of A TeXmacs Tutorial by Henri

From: Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Ongoing translation of A TeXmacs Tutorial by Henri
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:48:12 -0500

Hi all,

I have just started the translation of A TeXmacs Tutorial in http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf. Some time ago I asked for the TeXmacs sources for this tuturial, because I know is easier to translate the docs in this way but I get no response. I have created a FreeHg repository for version control of this document at:

http://freehg.org/u/offray/texmacsdocs/

I'm a newbie also on Mercurial and FreeHg, so I don't know if this has a public view. FreeHg is for OSI an Creative Commons covered projects. I have also asked previously which is the License of the tutorial, but being for a GPL project I hope that this will be also under a compatible license and there is no problem for that.

I see that the tutorial mixes explanations of how to get a format with the underline tagging for that, which is very useful. I have tried to copy and paste the underlying markup in the translation, but any time I tried I get the text with the format applied, not the raw text. There is any way to get this?

Is fine to advance with this Spanish translation or I have not permissions to make this? (In that case I will keep only for personal use without public permissions) Which is the License of the original doc?

Thanks,

Offray

Ps: I don't think that my mail will arrive to TeXmacs users because the mail server of my ISP got banned long time ago and, in despite of my attempts to get my included again in various of my previous post, the situation seems unchanged.