Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Compiling TexMacs on OSX

From: Henri Lesourd
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Re: Compiling TexMacs on OSX
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:50:06 +0200

Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Henri Lesourd wrote:

You need to be able to capture this information in
the makefile. This is not infeasible, but still it's
one more thing to do.

No, I think you can probe the ABI of the dll at runtime.

Wow ! How ?

As far as I know, e.g. under Windows, you can compile
a DLL with *ANY* compiler, and it is always supposed
to be loadeable an callable without any problems.

I don't think this is as easy as that, see below.

In case of C DLLs under Windows, I never heard about any
inter-compiler compatibility problems, ever.

Yes, you are partly wrong: The C ABI has changed between MSVC 6 and 7. Mingw still uses the old ABI AFAIK.

Aha. The more you learn, the more you discover
all this is a mess, it seems...

Schnell, a beer and a new football match, to put
an end to this disappointment ;-)...