Re: [Texmacs-dev] feynmf plugin - drawing feynman diagrams in TeXmacs?

From: Maarten Wegewijs
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] feynmf plugin - drawing feynman diagrams in TeXmacs?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:43:47 +0200

Dear Joris,

thank you for including the package. Attached you find the package updated, starting from your cvs version. In view of you compiling a release I didn't want to wait for my cvs account to get activated (I send the email) and send it attached to this mailing just this time.

Changes, according to your comments:
- a line in the init-feynmf.scm file in order to check the existence of the necessary LaTeX package (or rather: existence of the feynmf executable). - in tm_feynmf the plugin directory is now set to $TEXMACS_PATH/plugings/feynmf unless $TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/plugins/feynmf exists
 => allows one to work with a modified version very easily.
- I reworked the tutorial a bit to give some information on the feynmf package, where to get it and links to installation instructions.

There is one unsatisfactory point in tm_feynmf: in setting the plugin directory path, I did not know how to exit gracefully the script tm_feynmf and disconnect the plugin before anything is done in case an error occurs (e.g. the plugin directory path is not found). Just putting "exit" there seems to hang up texmacs... I marked it in a comment.

Regarding your problems with testing the package: what distribution are you running? Feynmf is in most distributions (it is 12 years old and well established in physics community).

Best wishes,

Maarten