Re: [Texmacs-dev] Remove src/misc/admin/admin.makefile from repo?

From: Jeremy Henty
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Remove src/misc/admin/admin.makefile from repo?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:19:59 +0000

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 05:29:31PM +0000, Norbert Nemec wrote:

> is there a good  reason why src/misc/admin/admin.makefile is part of
> the svn repository?

No.  It's clearly a mistake for  an autogenerated file like that to be
under version control.

> Even more  - the file is  overwritten when I compile  the code which
> always upsets my source control (I use git-svn).

That's exactly  why it's  clearly a mistake.   I had exactly  the same
problems until I told my local git repository to ignore that file.

> Simply removing the file from the repo would be the best solution in
> my opinion.

I agree.  In fact I suggested  the same thing in May last year.  Maybe
something will happen this time.  :-)

Regards,

Jeremy Henty