Re: [Texmacs-dev] plugins

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] plugins
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 22:25:12 +0200

Hi Andrea,

The TeXmacs philosophy is to support semantics for plug-ins,
but not imposing it. So the "copy-and-pasteability" depends on
the implementation of the plug-in. TeXmacs supports presentation MathML,
but with a precise semantics for well-built expressions (documentation,
TeXmacs.syx).
I have precise plans since ten years for content math markup, but never found
time
to implement them yet. Sage, as mentioned on the list, goes a bit further
in interoperability, but Python is rather poor on the specification level,
so they will probably run into problems too at a certain point.

Best wishes, Joris