Re: [Texmacs-dev] qt-texmacs not displaying documents well in ubuntu 9.1

From: texmacs . 5 . pjoyez
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] qt-texmacs not displaying documents well in ubuntu 9.10
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 23:47:46 +0100

Norbert Nemec - address@hidden a écrit :

I am running the same system:
   TeXmacs/Qt from SVN, (K)ubuntu 9.10 AMD64.

without any problems of the kind that you describe.

It might indeed be some kind of dependency problem, but I have no idea what it might be.

Alternatively, you might want to try renaming the ~/.TeXmacs so all the settings are created from scratch. I once had really strange problems due to corrupted data in that directory.

Sorry, that I cannot be of more help. :-(

Thanks for the info Norbert.
Following your suggestion, I tried to remove my ~./TeXmacs folder. Then, on the first try the application crashes while generating the fonts (with errors), and on subsequent starts I get the same behavior as before. But then the data in the folder is probably corrupted due to the failure.

Just for curiosity, I do no more configuration than :

./configure --enable-qt
make
sudo make install
texmacs &

Are you doing the same or do you take extra steps?
What else? should we compare our config.log?

thanks in advance
Philippe