Re: [Texmacs-dev] macro OS_WIN32 is not defined

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] macro OS_WIN32 is not defined
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:22:40 +0200

Hi,

On 1 juil. 10, at 09:08, zohooo wrote:

Add the following line in src/configure.in file

    CONFIG_OS="WIN32"

between line 574 and 575 should make it works.

在2010-07-01 13:50:51,zohooo <address@hidden> wrote:
In fact, I found in tm_configure.h file the following line:

#define OS_GNU_LINUX

I think there may be some bug in configure file.

There are essentially two flavors of TeXmacs which relates to Windows. The first is an old native port which is not more mantained (it was developed by Dan Mertens if I recall correctly). The other is the recent Qt port which tries not to assume much on the underlying system and do as much as possible via the Qt compatibility layer. The sensible sectors where the underlying system matters are mainly process management, I/O (sockets and other connections), file path handling, locale handling, spell checking, etc.... The OS_WIN32 macro conditionally enable code for the old native windows port. It is not meant to be used in general for Windows related support. When compiling TeXmacs/Qt the underlying system is detected via either the __MINGW32__ macro or via the relevant Qt macro (QT_OSWIN or something like this) which is set up in the Qt library.

The old native Windows port cannot be maintained since the known active developers (Joris, David and me) are not able/willing to write Windows code. Support for Windows is via the Qt layer (at least for the moment).

I agree that a more integrated Windows interface should be available.

If you check the sources at src/Guile/Glue you can find the all the functions exported in Scheme code. In glue_basic.cpp:52 there is the definition of the predicate os_mingw? which returns true if we are compiling under mingw, so a possible way to proceed is to add to tm- server.scm the following lines

(define (get-default-look-and-feel)
  (if (or (os-win32?) (os-mingw?)) "windows" "emacs"))

(I've not check if it works....)

Best
Massimiliano

ps: Currently I'm a bit busy, but I follow all remarks in the list. Please continue the very useful feedback!!! Thanks!