Re: [Texmacs-dev] patch: make input methods work in Qt-TeXmacs

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] patch: make input methods work in Qt-TeXmacs
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 00:08:01 +0200

Dear Zou,

On 17 sept. 2010, at 07:28, Zou Hu wrote:

Dear Massimiliano,
There are still some problems with respect to input method support.

1. With revision 3151, preedit strings are shown near current cursor position. But this revision broke input method under Linux (I tested it under Ubuntu Linux 10.04). It's OK before this revision.

Could you give me some details? In which sense the im is broken?

2. When using CJK truetype font, some special charecters, such as < and >, cound not be displayed corectly.
We need to modify read_unicode_char function in unicode_font.cpp as this:
  [....]

I will submit your patch thanks.

By the way, There is another problem w.r.t CJK support: When choosing some CJK language as GUI language, The title names in TeXmacs windows and filedialogs are wrongly displayed as <#1234><#3456><#7890>. To fix this problem, You only need to change to_qstring function to to_qstring_utf8 in some qt source files.

fixed.

max