Re: [Texmacs-dev] texmacs icon: web page

From: Gubinelli Massimiliano
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] texmacs icon: web page
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:55:45 +0200

Alvaro,
I agree on the fact that a iconic image for the program should be as simple as possible. The 3d stuff is mainly tought for an application icon on the Mac. Standard Mac application icons (those from apple for example) are quite realistic and I wanted to explore the possibility to shape an icon for texmacs using the idea of composition of old metal types recalling a possible logo made with the tau and mu letters. My attempts to shape realistic metal types with Inkscape are not quite successfuls. I just added another theme which is that of using the TXM logo inside a yellow diamond sign (which is used in US for custom road signs as far as I understand).

I like the idea of using the greek letters to shape a gnu but maybe there are better alternatives.

It is true that any of the TM logos resembles more an elephant than a gnu....

best
max

ps: tamiz = ?