Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacsQT minibuffer prompt implemented in the status

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacsQT minibuffer prompt implemented in the status bar
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 01:53:47 +0100

Hi Massimiliano,

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 23:08, Gubinelli Massimiliano <address@hidden> wrote:
I've commited your code to svn (both the drag&drop support and the input prompt). Thanks for the contribution.

Thanks to you for all your work! And of course to Joris and all the others...

For the moment the input prompt is ifdeffed out because it is not quite ready.Hovewer being on svn we can work on the same basis. Please give a look at my attemps to have a "almost modal" widget. They are not quite right. Maybe you can find a better solution.

I've tried your stuff and fixed the little thing with the QComboBox popup causing the loss of focus, so your solution seems now to work alright.

 I tinkered for a while with the focusOutEvent() too, but I think it won't be of any good since it catches events for the enclosing widget. Then I tried to use the whole QTMInteractivePrompt widget as an event filter for its subwidgets and grabbed all FocusOut events. The keyboard wouldn't then leave the status bar, but the user could still invoke actions through menus and buttons, so it isn't exactly ideal. All in all, I think that making it easy to abandon the not-very-modal prompt might not be that bad an idea... ;)

The patch I've attached adds my femto-fix, removes some junk and tries to undo some of the mess with the formatting I was starting to cause with my tabs instead of spaces. I'll be more careful in the future.
Miguel de  Benito.