Re: [Texmacs-dev] How to use Git?

From: Victor Porton
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] How to use Git?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:13:25 +0300

26.12.2010, 20:52, "Miguel de Benito Delgado" <address@hidden>:
> You don't need to create a repository on gitorious for your own work. Just
> "git clone" the repository and work there. To update your copy from the
> remote use "git pull". Then "git add", "git rm", etc. and "git commit" let
> you work on your copy. Remember that git's decentralized. You don't need
> access to the server to commit stuff. You commit locally. If after a while
> you have a changeset that you think is worth reviewing by the maintainer of
> the project then you have "git format-patch" and "git send-mail" or  "git
> diff", etc.
> Just look for some tutorial on the web, there are hundreds.

Joris refused to accept my "option groups" patch. So I need to fork that it to
create a repository.

Now I repeat my questions:

I created my own repository on gitorious.org
(http://gitorious.org/~porton/texmacs/texmacs-porton) and doubt what to do next.

>From Gitorius:

<<<
To recreate a live working copy (you need svn+ssh access to savannah):

# init working copy t
mkdir t
cd t
git init
git fetch -f address@hidden:texmacs/texmacs.git
'+refs/remotes/*:refs/remotes/*'
git checkout -b master trunk
# init git-svn
git svn init -s svn+ssh://address@hidden/texmacs
# fetch from svn
git svn rebase
# push changes to this repository
git push --mirror address@hidden:texmacs/texmacs.git

When I am going to develop, should I fetch first with SVN as explained above?
Or to work with Git only?

Could you kindly provide me with a template of the shell commands I need to
execute?

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org