[Texmacs-dev] I give up

From: Victor Porton
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] I give up
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 20:29:05 +0400

It seems that I know internals of TeXmacs to badly. I give up my attempt to add
bookmarks to TeXmacs.

Instead I will describe what other developers may do:

Create under "Edit" menu "Bookmarks" menu. This menu should contain:
- "New Bookmark" (asks for bookmark name).
- "Go Bookmark" (with list of all bookmarks).
- "Move Bookmark" (with list of all bookmarks). It should move the bookmark to
the current position in the text.
- "Remove Bookmark" (with list of all bookmarks).

Moving bookmark should erase all bookmarks which have the same name as the
bookmark to be moved and insert new bookmark with the same name. It should be
an atomic operation in terms of Undo history.

"New Bookmark" should also erase all bookmarks with the same name (if these
exist). There must be always maximum one bookmark with the same name.

We may also add some bookmarks menu to a toolbar. I'm not sure what exactly it
should be.

Bookmarks are simply <bookmark|NAME> tags where NAME is the name of the
bookmark.

A bookmark should be visible if "Document > View > Informative Flags >
Detailed" is on.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org