Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] Literate Programming Preview

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] Literate Programming Preview
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:19:04 +0100

On 02/09/11 08:15, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
I move the discussion to TeXmacs-dev.

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 08:01:47AM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
I will do a plugin to add nf-chunk o the enumerate tags, and do some
keyboard shortcuts.
Cool.

I would like to make rendering line numbers as part of mode=prog
rendering, with|prog-counter|... to tell it which counter to use.
I also want to have the syntax highlighting of mode=prog to traverse
the named chunk and any inclusions.
I guess that we really should improve the TeXmacs typesetter for this,
instead of violating the macro language.

This is true... I find it easier to beat up a simple system that learn a complex one... and yet I have so much trouble with list/scheme/guile which is a paradox.

One feature which is still
missing is marginal notes. In addition, we might use two environment
variables for triggering a marginal note on every new paragraph resp.
line in a paragraph.

Are you thinking that line numbers should be a marginal note? I would find this to be a waste of marginal notes, maybe the programmer wants to add marginal notes about the listing. What is "resp." as in "paragraph resp. line"?

Sam