Re: [Texmacs-dev] number of open files

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] number of open files
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:09:33 +0200

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:45:57AM +0200, Gubinelli Massimiliano wrote:
> I found this bug report for Scribus which seemngly refer to the
> same problem:
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2362
>
> they suggest that freetype 2.1.10 has a bug and that you should use
> a more recent version (like Freetype 2.19).
>
> Which version are you using?

Castafiore:basic vdhoeven$ port search freetype
bitstream-vera @1.10 (graphics)
    Bitstream Vera Fonts for use with Freetype/Fontconfig

freetype @2.4.6 (print, graphics)
    A software font engine

ftgl @2.1.3-rc5 (graphics)
    Freetype / OpenGL bridge

Found 3 ports.

-------

Maybe your fix will work, but this still does not fully explain
the problem (I would like to understand, since the bug is hard to
provoke and might pop up at other moments later). In particular,
I still do not understand why I have "too many open files",
eventhough lsof gives me far less open files (124) than
the allowed limit.

Best, --Joris