Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling SVN on Linux

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling SVN on Linux
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 08:34:58 +0100

Hi Alex,

Am 16.03.2012 06:41 schrieb "Aleksandr Dobkin" <address@hidden>:
> What is nice about git is that you can maintain multiple branches of the project and switch between them very quickly. Had you been using git,  think you would have caught this error when you merged your work into the master branch and tried to compile.

Thanks for the idea. So: I could constantly fetch the latest from the main branch, commit locally as much as I wanted, then decide when to push it back to main, right? And that way merging conflicts ought to happen seldom... because merging is a real PITA!

And git to svn and back work well? Well, I guess I could look that up ;-)

Thanks!

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden> wrote:
>> And... yep! it was yourself truly

That would be of course, "yours truly".