[Texmacs-dev] XCode 4

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] XCode 4
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:10:09 +0200

Dear all,

I've been playing around with the latest XCode 4.2 and managed to use the TeXmacs xcodeproject without too many modifications. Those which do not interfere with XC3 are already in the SVN. If someone wants to give it a try, then I might spare you a bit of head scratching with the following few tips:

- Fix Base SDK for all configurations, point it to any valid one. Why: $(DEVELOPER_SDK_DIR) is no longer valid / necessary, now it suffices to set this to "macosx10.5" for instance. (XCode4 is distributed via AppStore and has everything in its bundle) - Change compiler to GCC 4.2. Why: LLVM 3.1 complains about arrays of non-POD objects. - Change architecture to 64 bit. Why: it won't compile for 32 bit (in my 64 bit system), because of "Integer constant is too large for long type" in fast_alloc(), fast_free(), fast_new() - Edit schemes (CMD+<) and deactivate debugging of document versions in the options tab. Why: otherwise XCode will pass some parameters in the command line which TeXmacs doesn't understand.

That's it. CMD+R and enjoy your shiny new IDE.

Cheers,
Miguel de Benito.