Re: [Texmacs-dev] Regression in LaTeX import: \\ broken

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Regression in LaTeX import: \\ broken
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 04:27:56 +0700 (NOVT)

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012, Miguel de Benito Delgado wrote:
Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
Another regression (or, maybe, this is an incompatible change): help menu in reduce no longer works. It worked in 1.0.7.15. The menu entry Contents calls

(load-in-new-window reduce-help)
As you say it's an incompatible change: (load-in-new-window reduce-help) simply calls (load-buffer reduce-help 1), the second parameter implying that the buffer is opened as "generic" which it isn't because your file is html. If it were a TeXmacs file, the command would work, though.

What you need is either to call (load-buffer reduce-help) directly or use (load-browse-buffer reduce-help) which is just an alias.
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Is it possible to open an html file in a new window?

It's inconvenient to use the same window, a user would prefer to see both his session and the help (I know I can clone the window, and go back to my session in one of them; but that's a lot of extra work, it's much nicer just to open help in a new window).

Somewhat related question. Suppose I have help menu with many items (at the moment I don't, but let's suppose). I want to have a dedicated help window. At the start of the session it does not exist. When I click some item in the help menu, this new window appears, and the relevant help topic is displayed in it. When I click some other item in the help menu, it is displayed in the same help window, replacing the previous help topic. Is it possible?

In other words, just 2 states are possible: the help window either exists or not. Clicking some help item results in:
* create the help window if it does not exist
* display help in the help window
In the beginning it does not exist. If it exists and I close it, next time I request help it will be created again.

Andrey