Re: [Texmacs-dev] virtualbox images?

From: Michael Lachmann
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] virtualbox images?
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:08:19 +0100

On 12 February 2013 12:17, Miguel de Benito Delgado
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I use Parallels, which I find considerably superior to VirtualBox, under
> MacOS at least. It's more stable, integrates perfectly with the system, has
> "coherence" mode which is very handy, and many other things which just make
> it better. It's not free, though.

I haven't tried parallels. I was actually surprised by how well
virtualbox works now. It used to be really slow - now it is quite
workable. It has something like a coherence, but it sounds that
parallel's is better.

I put up a virtualbox image that runs TeXmacs+R (with syntax highlighting...) at
https://mega.co.nz/#!dhlVhDjS!VcqY6klTTX9S9VJUyzNbTnwcuT99zYNCfXYFYbRTnGc
And I also made some images that have different versions of R on them,
so that I can get the interface working even on fairly old version of
R (for now, I think 2.10 and older works ok)
We could put up a collection of images like that for TeXmacs development....

>> What is the best environment to compile/debug TeXmacs on windows? I'll
>> try to also use a virtual machine on my mac for that…
>
> I think there are some instructions and some donwloadable bundle on the
> website for this. I think Denis maintains it to work out of the box.

You mean this:
http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/download/winqt.en.html
Do you know if this is for win XP or win 7? Or maybe it doesn't matter....

Thanks!
Michael