Re: [Texmacs-dev] a bug when "convert utf8 to LaTeX", and potential fix

From: jiazhaoconga
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] a bug when "convert utf8 to LaTeX", and potential fix
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:31:39 +0800

I agree that "export document in utf-8 by default for eastern languages"
will be a good fix. This bug confused me for a long time.

Produce CJK character in ascii within LaTeX is impossible.

When export a Chinese document as LaTeX, this is the skeleton:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{CJK}
\usepackage[chinese]{babel}
\begin{document}
%some Chinese here
\end{document}

There are a few minor problems:
1. babel doesn't support CJK at all, cause a compile error. So we should
not use babel package for Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese.

2. After removing babel package, latex still can not compile it.(There
must be a `\begin{CJK*}{UTF8}{gbsn}       \end{CJK*}` surrounding CJK
characters.)
And there are too many solutions for support CJK in latex(more than ten,
I'm sure), so leave this problem to CJK users ourselves will be a better
choice, we add custom settings in preamble by hand.