Re: [Texmacs-dev] Auto-update system

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Auto-update system
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:54:14 +0100

I've spent last few days trying to remember what that was called - thanks

Sam

On 25 Oct 2013 10:50, "Alvaro Tejero Cantero" <address@hidden> wrote:
You might be interested in this: http://0install.net/

-á.

On 18 October 2013 13:42, Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Sam Liddicott <address@hidden> wrote:

Those who provide packages usually provide statically linked for each supported arch (x86 32bit and 64bit, arm) as deb, rpm, and as tarball for /opt

Joris: This is what I meant. We provide an rpm/deb/whatever containing a statically linked texmacs and we serve it from our own repo, which is setup as a package source for the user's machine by the package's pre-install scripts.

We just use the distro's package manager and ignore the system libraries.
--
Miguel de  Benito.