Re: [Texmacs-dev] shortcuts in or out of sessions

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] shortcuts in or out of sessions
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 15:48:56 +0100

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 12:56:01PM +0100, Michael Lachmann wrote:
> Thanks, that is important to know.
>
> But what I meant to ask is what shortcuts should I use? I can use anything
> I like, but its probably a good idea for TeXmacs to have some standard
> about what shortcuts are used in what sessions. Should it be ^X R
> something, or F6 something, etc?

If you take care of making the shortcuts contextual,
then short shortcuts are best.  Inside sessions,
many standard shortcuts (such as 'insert an itemize environment')
are not really useful, so you may overide them.
In fact, I did so for the cursor keys (for instance).
On the other hand, you might want to use mathematical input,
so you should be careful not to overide shortcuts from math mode.

For more sophisticated shortcuts which are used only occasionally,
it is a good practice to define a special prefix (see the files
in progs/texmacs/keyboard for examples).

Best wishes, --Joris