Re: [Texmacs-dev] ubuntu, packages : several discussions on the list tex

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] ubuntu, packages : several discussions on the list texmacs-dev
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 22:31:40 +0100

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM, François Poulain <address@hidden> wrote:
If you intend to dynamically link TeXmacs, you will have to build and
maintain about one build environment by version and by OS on which you
want to consider.

Then why dynamically link? I'm happy with static linking or maybe bundling of the necessary libs.

Also, afaik, Denis is currently working on static build.

Meaning a tar.gz? or an .rpm?

My proposal is an .rpm containing a statically linked TeXmacs and scripts setting up our own repo for auto updates.

If moreover, you consider to build "idiomatic" packages (.deb, .rpm,
etc.), you will have to provide some extra work, about dependencies,
unbundling, etc.

Then let's provide just the most popular one. Also, there are tools to install rpms in debian and viceversa, right? alien?
--
Miguel de  Benito.