[Texmacs-dev] DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for sessions

From: Michael Lachmann
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for sessions
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 00:07:15 +0100

Hi,

(Just for background: I just compiled the latest version from the svn for OSX 10.9
I used:
configure --enable-macosx-distr   --enable-macosx-extensions --enable-qtpipes --enable-pdf-renderer --disable-macosx-distr
The --disable-macosx-distr was because otherwise the minimum version would be required to be 10.4, which doesn't compile on 10.9, or my Xcode)

In this version, starting an R session gives the following error:
--
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open  Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/x86_64/libR.dylib
--

A simple solution is to call
unsetenv( "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH") ;

inside the program that starts the R session (tm_r.c).
But this seems a hack (for example because maybe I need to also change other PATHs that I still don't know about...) . What would be the right way to do things? Who is responsible for environment variables inside sessions?

Thanks!
Michael