Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs using 45% cpu when idle?

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs using 45% cpu when idle?
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 13:31:33 +0200

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 10:41 AM, François Poulain <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks. I quickly grepped the code, there is only a few occurrences of
usleep. It will be easy. If you need some help, don't hesitate to ask.

Even though using nanosleep() would be better, given that usleep() is deprecated and all, I've now seen that this wouldn't help much, since it is per specification non-blocking (suspends the thread).

So, the problem lies almost surely somewhere else (=> I won't invest time in the usleep->nanosleep conversion)

Besides, there seem to be some subtleties related to handling of signals by nanosleep which I don't really want to read about now:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17118105/replace-usleep-with-nanosleep

Or maybe they aren't relevant at all...

Best,
--