[Texmacs-dev] Fwd: Pdf-writer, tagged pdf?

From: Karl Hegbloom
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Fwd: Pdf-writer, tagged pdf?
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 14:58:33 +0000

[Gal, Can you join the texmacs-dev list to discuss it?]
[texmacs-dev, Please Cc Gal until and unless he joins the list.]

When I produce a PDF with TeXmacs (latest from svn) and use the "read aloud" feature of pdf-max pro on Android, it doesn't "see" the typographic ligatures, and pronounces words wrong. For example, "offense" becomes "o ense", dropping the "ff" ligature. I wrote to the author of the pdf-writer library that TeXmacs uses after reading a little about the problem using a Google search, and learning that there exists something called "tagged pdf" which I don't know much about yet; I'm too busy to read about it as much as I'd like to.

I hereby "put the phones together" on this.