[Texmacs-dev] Separate text flow of odd and even pages

From: Marduk Bolaños
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Separate text flow of odd and even pages
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 20:51:00 +0000

Dear all,

I would like to write a document in which the text flow of odd pages is
independent from that of even pages. Why? Because facing pages represent
two parallel narratives, which are meant to be contrasted while being
read.

I think this would involve structuring the tree of the .tm file roughly
as follows:

(document
 (odd-pages)
 (even-pages))

Moreover, I think it also involves defining a new page layout in which
odd and even pages are shown in parallel (like book and panorama), but
when the cursor reaches the bottom of an odd (even) page it jumps to the
next odd (even) page.

The question is, how should I go about implementing this?

Note that this layout is also useful for people writing bilingual books
(e.g. the Bible).

Thanks in advance,
Marduk