Re: [Texmacs-dev] Maxima inline plots

From: ederag
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Maxima inline plots
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 11:53:16 +0100

Dear Tomio Arisaka,

On lundi 31 décembre 2018 15:30:31 CET address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks a lot for the implementation of tm_plot2d.
> I tried to use tm_plot2d, but I noticed that tm_plot2d failed to display
> plots when the "Evaluate all" menu was chosen. It seems to be an
> experimental implementation.
>
> So I fixed the bug and added some more plot functions to support inline
> plots. The upgraded file is "texmacs-maxima.lisp" which is attached to this
> mail.

Thanks a lot, that's an improvement !
(in particular waiting for the ps file to be written,
 instead of relying on times previously).

It works fine on TeXmacs version 1.99.6.

I miss the gnuplot window that opened previously,
allowing to use cursors and zoom, for instance.
(it was not just there for the delay)
Could it be an option ?

And sometimes there is an output, always false when it appears.
(it is already the case with the previous texmacs-maxima.lisp)
This is easy to silence with a $ suffix,
but maybe that could be avoided altogether ?

> You can find it as follows:

For linux users, the easy way is
locate texmacs-maxima.lisp
/usr/share/TeXmacs/plugins/maxima/lisp/texmacs-maxima.lisp

Thanks again !
Best regards,
Ederag