Re: [Texmacs-dev] What is the next release of GNU TeXmacs?

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] What is the next release of GNU TeXmacs?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 19:37:48 +0800

To release the next GNU TeXmacs, we may solve:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56306

There are several Python-implemented plugins:
1. SageMath
2. Python
3. The Unified Graph plugins

I have extracted the common python snippets into plugins/tmpy .

Currently, the cmake packaging works fine but I haven't changed the autotools packaging.

For the next release, we'd better remember to adjust the packaging of plugins.

---- On Sun, 19 May 2019 22:01:07 +0800 Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden> wrote ----

Darcy,
I think Joris is busy to prepare the next major release (including a revamping of the website).

I’m not sure he would like to have any major change before that.

I have also some good news on my side: I’ve managed to get Qt5 working completely. On the Mac you will need to patch Qt 5.12 in order for TeXmacs to work correclty.

Also: I’m right now working on Guile 2 support and can bootstrap all the scheme code right now but TeXmacs is still not working, there seems to be some bug remaining, maybe introduced by my modifications. I’m working on them.

If you want to try out each of these WIP you can find them in the branches qt5 and guile2 on my github repository. Note that they are still *work in progress* so I do not guarantee they even compile for you.

Best
Max