[Texmacs-dev] a comment from news.ycombinator.com

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] a comment from news.ycombinator.com
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 15:48:27 +0200

Hi all,

from a discussion I started here:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22887226

this is the comment:

"Now I've got you - The biggest issue I have with texmacs is how difficult it
is to interact with the community.
Your mailing list archive is not indexed by google (except for the narkive
version, where search is broken) so answered questions are generally not
visible to new users.
The default search in the list archive only searches a single month, this is
useless. Searching multiple months is non-obvious.
Some project-deaf suggestions from this outsider are:
- put your lists on Google Groups so they are easily searchable and findable
for new users
- just put the damn thing on GitHub and use their Issues system (or GitLab or
at least something that isn't Savannah).
It might be a bit annoying for current project members to get the hang of it
but I think, in 2020, it is very difficult to grow and show off a community
that's based on GNU Savannah!"

I somehow agree that our mailing list is not easily searchable (actually I
never use the arxiv). As for the rest with Darcy we maintain the git mirror in
github, so I will point he there.

I think would be useful (if we already do not have them) to have these
community resources linked in our main webpage.

Max