Re: [Texmacs-dev] Version 1.99.14

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Version 1.99.14
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 00:06:10 +0800

Just verified that for TeXmacs v1.99.9, copy and paste images fails to work under GNU/Linux.

My GNU/Linux system runs on a machine without connecting to a hardware display. I am using a remote desktop client on a macOS laptop. I do not know if it is the root cause of the failure.

And also, I tested that both Qt4/Qt5 (latest texmacs from svn) fails under GNU/Linux to copy and paste images.

---- On Fri, 2020-10-23 23:23:15 Darcy Shen via Texmacs-dev <texmacs-dev@gnu.org> wrote ----

Copy and paste images works under my macOS 10.15, but fails under my GNU/Linux (Debian sid).

---- On Fri, 2020-10-23 23:13:26 Darcy Shen <sadhen@zoho.com.cn> wrote ----

> I don't manage to copy and paste images at all.
> But ordinary text does copy and paste well.

Fail to copy an image in TeXmacs and paste it in TeXmacs.

Success to copy an image from a webpage and paste it.

---- On Thu, 2020-10-22 23:38:50 TeXmacs <texmacs@lix.polytechnique.fr> wrote ----

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 10:57:04AM +0200, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
> I just noted that cut and paste of parts of PDF documents (e.g. from the
> Preview app) to TeXmacs produce inserted images with a lower (and quite
> bad) resolution. Is this a known bug?

I don't manage to copy and paste images at all.
But ordinary text does copy and paste well.

Best wishes, --Joris